Sunday, July 19, 2009

The End of Virt Camp

July 19, 2009

We have completed VirtCamp and as far as I know everyone will be continuing with the program, thankfully. At the end of the day I had a hard time saying goodbye to everyone. I know that we will be in touch online, but it was really great to make those real-life, in person connections with my cadre-mates. I am looking forward to seeing everyone in Orlando.

We presented our projects and I was so excited that our robot went to the top of the obstacle. I was disappointed that our entire cohort didn't get a second chance to coordinate our robots. We didn't have one pass of the lego warrior go smoothly. I really would have like to have had a second go at it. I was feeling a little incomplete that we didn't try again. It's probably part of me that wants to have everything work out perfectly. I don't think I'm a perfectionist completely, but then again, maybe I am sometimes. Everyone worked so hard on their projects and I just wanted our cohort to have the satisfaction of having our robots coordinate. I think if we tried another time it may have worked out or at least one or two of the lego warrior passes may have worked.

I am concerned about my blogs. During out cohort learning circle time Paul reviewed how important these blogs are to our action research projects and the curriculum. Sometimes, I have a difficult time sharing my feelings, especially publicly. I have a difficult time letting people really get to know me and see my feelings. I am pretty sure I know where this fear comes from. I suddenly lost a very close friend when I was in college (I was there when she passed) and it's sometimes difficult for me to build deep relationships and open up completely with many people. I am going to have to get over that fear and be willing to open up. I understand that we need to reflect on the process and reflect on why we are feeling or acting a particular way. I guess this is one of my truly first reflections on why I am feeling fear about the reflection blogs...

No comments:

Post a Comment