Monday, October 26, 2009

AR IDEAS

New Action Research Ideas
Below is a list of things I’m interested in or could possibly work for my AR Project
Tutoring- Start up a tutoring business.
How to find new students to tutor
Advertising
Business idea- Provide and connect families with prescreened tutors (know student needs match with appropriate tutor). Get qualified tutors (background checks, qualifications, credentials, etc.) and have them tutor students. Basically, I would do all of the grunt work for the families in need of tutors.
Explore other tutors.
TUTOR IN 21st century skills- 16-20 items deeper level learning. *GOOGLE IT*
http://www.21stcenturyskills.org/ (I subscribed to site 10/21)
One on one learning benefits b/c,
Focus on: Content area, not really social learning (interaction between kids), look into what others are doing for tutoring (non traditional ways), learning disabilities adhd
Foa: Being a great tutor in some way (?) What is the factor (?)
Look for articles for AR

Church- Ask Megan if I can help out with her church (perhaps with children’s group).
I’m not sure what her church’s needs are at this point. One downside is that Is that it’s in Orange County and I’m not too familiar with her church community, but may work! I will be meeting with Megan on 10/24/09
Yoga – I love yoga, not sure what I could do with this, but it’s a big part of my life
Dog
Foster, walking, getting people interested in fostering/volunteering
Cooking – in the past year have become very interested in cooking
Start a cooking group, place to share recipes/altered recipes,
Restaurant
Would love to start a small restaurant. I have a few fun ideas that I would love to try at some point.
Healthy eating/living
I’m into taking recipes and making them healthier. I love goodies and I try to make them with a healthy twist (so you can’t tell the difference!). My boyfriend always asks ‘are you going to tell me this is a healthy brownie?’ (or whatever other goodie or meal I’ve made)
School
Melody’s brother’s private school in santa monica. Hopefully, I will be hearing from him this week. This would be ideal….if I’m able to continue/modify my previous AR project ideas.
I could try to contact another school in area. I don’t know people in the schools personally since I just moved to area. But, schools are usually up for free help (I am anxious because of what happened with 1st AR, I would prefer to have it more in my control)
Volunteer – I am interested in giving back. I have a lot of time and would love to
help others. Below are some Volunteer ideas.
School- getting more people to volunteer in schools. Become mentor, free tutors, teacher helpers, office helpers, etc.
Shelter/homeless-contact local shelters to see what needs they have
Animal shelter- help local shelters, have drives/fundraisers to benefit animal shelter, get more volunteers, more foster homes for pets

No comments:

Post a Comment