Friday, August 7, 2009

Hopping Around The Country August 7, 2009

This program is wonderful. I am able to travel to the east coast to visit my family and keep up with my classwork at the same time. Had my computer not had issues logging on, I could have done work on the plane online. However, I was able to complete all of my reading for the week during the long plane ride across the country from Orange County to D.C.! Yea!

I love the fact that we use Skype to communicate with one another once a week. It is a wonderful tool to feel "connected" to one another while doing work in various places. I understand what Margaret meant when she said that one hour was about the maximum before people start to become unfocused. I was struggling a little bit after that hour mark this week. I'm sure it had to do partly with traveling and running around visiting the family.

I'm in upstate NY now visiting more family. I'm staying with my brother now and he has wireless so access to the internet is not an issue. I'm going to be going to Maine on Wednesday and there is NO internet access at that house. Over that past couple of years when I was in Maine and taking online classes I would go down to the local coffee shop (the only place in the area with internet access for customers ;) ). I need to figure out what I am going to do for our Skype meetings on Thursday and Tuesday. I'm sure that the small shop is not open from 9-10 PM EST. I'll get it all figured out by the time I leave on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment